Monday, February 11, 2008

Lindsay Lohan joins hearing loss awareness campaign

Lindsay Lohan picture
Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan joins with other celebrities in the Hear the World campaign. The purpose of this campaign is to raise awareness about the importance of hearing.

Other celebrities that took part are Amy Winehouse, Joss Stone, Placido Domingo, Moby, and "King of Calypso" Harry Belafonte.

Each individual is photographed with their hand behind their ear to show an attempt to listen or hear.

Belafonte, who has hearing loss, said: "Good hearing is extremely important. It has a lot of impact on personality. I noticed (when my hearing got worse) that my voice changed, and I had to speak more loudly.

"People thought that I was speaking more aggressively, and I didn't mean to be aggressive at all. I just think people should be very, very conscious and protective of their hearing."

Source

No comments: