Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Lindsay Lohan was stopped at airport for wearing headscarf

Lindsay Lohan was ordered by security to remove her headscarf when she lined up for a flight to New York. It happened in 2017.

That time she was returning from Turkey. She wore headscarf because she had a meeting with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. 

Lindsay said on ITV’s Good Morning Britain on Tuesday, “I was wearing a headscarf and I got stopped at the airport and racially profiled for the first time in my life".

“She opened my passport and saw ‘Lindsay Lohan’ and started immediately apologising but then said, ‘Please take off your head scarf.’”

“And I did. I mean, it's okay. But what scared me was, is that moment, how would another woman who doesn't feel comfortable taking off her headscarf feel? That was really interesting to me. I mean, I was kind of in shock.”

No comments: